Friday, October 23, 2015

Tim Dowling: It's checkmate. My wife's got no next move

But can I back down without losing face?

It’s Saturday, just after lunch, and there is something unsettled at my core. It’s nothing specific, yet; just a combination of jumpiness and exhaustion, and a certain skin-prickling sensitivity to my surroundings. It could be anxiety in search of a corresponding crisis, or it could be the day-one orientation of some actual approaching illness. It could also be nothing, but in my experience it pays to keep your eye on these things, because no one else is interested.

I wander from room to room for a while, and eventually end up in bed with a book. When I next open my eyes, the windows are dark. Well, I think. That’s Saturday taken care of.

Continue reading...

via Tim Dowling's Weekend column | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1MXiRFD

No comments:

Post a Comment