Sunday, October 16, 2016

PODCAST EP.31 – RORY O’NEILL A.K.A PANTI BLISS

Podcast 31 features a conversation recorded back in July in Dublin with Irish drag artist and gay rights campaigner Rory O’Neill (aka Panti Bliss). He told me about growing up gay in 1970s Ireland, escaping to Tokyo, the practical challenges of life with HIV and how his 2014 appearance on an Irish TV chat show caused a media storm with some historic consequences (this is admittedly hyperbole, but only a bit).

For more Rory related fun I recommend the documentary about his life, ‘The Queen Of Ireland’ and you can see Panti’s hugely inspiring speech at the Abbey Theatre below. I very much enjoyed meeting Rory and we had a great talk. I hope you enjoy listening.

Oh, and for Jaco Pastorius related links (as mentioned in the podcast outro), see bottom of this post.

Thanks to Seamus Murphy-Mitchell for production support.

Music and jingles by Adam Buxton (I am referring to myself in the third person to make Adam Buxton sound more important and not just a dick like me).

Best of wishes

Abxt



via Adam Buxton http://ift.tt/2dYGqW2

No comments:

Post a Comment